We desire for God to be so evident in our lives that He shines through with unmistakable evidence that He is real and involved in our lives. Besides an incorrect theology that speaking in tongues is evidence of the Spirit in our lives, how can we know He is there?
So it is when our spirits (small s), as distinct from our souls, that the Spirit (big S) comes to live. Our spirits have direct communion with God’s Spirit as we cultivate the spiritual life. — Jerome Daley
The Holy Spirit establishes the righteousness of heaven in the midst of the unrighteousness of earth, and will not stop or stay until that is dead has been brought back to life and a new world has come into being. — Karl Barth
It is through the Word, and the Word alone, that the Spirit teaches, applying the general principles or promises to our special need. And it is The Spirit, and The Spirit alone, who can really make the Word a light on our path. — Andrew Murray
Top 10 Implications of the Spirit’s Activity in Your Life:
- You find it unrepentantly easier to be patient and kind (Galatians 5:22).
- You sense a sudden urgency to pray for a friend or family member.
- You long to spend time with God and be in His presence.
- The Bible makes sense to you like never before.
- Scriptures to encourage others pop out of your mind.
- Your appetite for God’s Word gets stronger and stronger.
- You recognize that the Spirit has gifted you in a certain way to allow you to serve God with a certain ease and effectiveness.
- You may develop dreams that illuminate God’s heart.
- You sense God’s nearness and comfort when you are grieving.
- You feel an inexpiable peace in the midst of stressful circumstances.