Many say that God is nowhere to be found, with no evidence of His existence. I submit to you that this top 10 list is not the result of a society of people who evolved through the “survival of the fittest.” Morality, compassion, kindness and forgiveness are qualities that are passed down from a personal Being with a plan for His special creation.
Since all we know and experience is this creation that is fallen and under the curse, just imagine what heaven will be like. Beauty, kindness, and love that we see here, as marvelously as we have experienced it, is still cursed. How much greater it will be when we are in God’s presence in eternity?
He is the end of our search, not the means to some further end. Our exceeding joy is he, the Lord–not the streets of gold, or the reunion with relatives or any blessing of heaven. — John Piper
If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. — C. S. Lewis
The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground. — G. K. Chesterton
Top 10 Evidences of Heaven’s Aroma on Earth:
- Hope in the midst of cynicism.
- Contentment in the midst of adversity.
- Genuine care for others in a self-centered world.
- Willing sacrifice of all the world holds clear for unseen reward.
- Unified community in an angry, fractured culture.
- Courage to gamble all of life upon a spiritual vision.
- A tenacious joy that is inexpiable in worldly terms.
- Supernatural healing of body, mind and spirit.
- Love for enemies.