The essence of the Christian life is faith and trust. It’s one thing to simply believe the right stuff about Jesus but it totally another thing to live a life worthy of being called a Christian. Trusting God that He wants the best for you and any restrictions are for our benefit. Trust is a learned skill, and is something that is earned. The most we trust God, the more we come to realize that He is worthy of our trust (Jeremiah 29:11).
Jesus says that the root of anxiety is inadequate faith in our Father’s future grace. As unbelief gets the upper hand in our hearts, one of the effects is anxiety. The root cause of anxiety is a failure to trust all that God has promised to be for us in Jesus. — John Piper
The one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. — Thomas Aquinas
Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods. — C. S. Lewis
Top 10 Places in Life That Require Trust:
- Prayer: knowing that He’s there and hears every word. Even the ones you have not said.
- Friendships: knowing that He can sustain the ones that matter.
- Parents: knowing that He can bring understanding and respect.
- Children: knowing that they are held by stronger arms than yours.
- Church: knowing that God is bigger than problems and messes.
- Personality: knowing that He is changing you and unlocking your true self.
- Career: knowing that God is preparing you for important things.
- Finances: knowing that God is absolutely committed to your supply.
- Destiny: knowing that your journey has a good destination (John 14:3).
- Your life: knowing that God will finish what He has started (Philippians 1:6).