I have a confession to make, I tend to work too much. I don’t separate my life into neat little compartments. I discovered this past weekend (at the Dave Ramsey EntreLeadership event) that we must pay attention to seven areas of our lives or we will become unbalanced. We must put these areas into balance: career, financial, spiritual, family, intellectual, physical and social. If we focus on one over the rest or neglect one in favor of the rest, we will get a “flat” in this “wheel of life.” This is a confessional; I need discipline in this area. The point is, it is for my health, not just for better time management.
While we may not be called to martyr our lives, we must martyr our way of life. We must put our selfish ways to death and march to a different beat. Then the world will see Jesus. — Michael Tait
We all live in a fallen world, are damaged, and need to be healed as we grow in our relationships with others and God. — Dan Allender
Top 10 Ways to Enhance Your Health:
- Tame workaholism and stress through spiritual disciplines.
- Protect your sleep as the gift of God.
- Eat when you are hungry; stop when you are full.
- Choose fresh, natural foods over processed ones.
- Integrate moderate exercise to sharpen mind and body.
- Seek balance between work and play, community and solitude.
- Use godly resources emotional and sexual health.
- Keep your conscience clear of sin and unforgiveness.
- Stimulate your mind through diverse reading and study.
- Learn to listen to the condition of your body, soul and spirit.