I believe that God is calling for people of faith to courageously stand up for Him and His mission without the fear that binds us and drags us down to a level of mediocrity. Life is meant to be lived with boldness, not like a beer commercials but His faithful walking with the confidence that God is real, He has revealed His truth and will to us, and has given us a mission to accomplish.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. — Winston Churchill
Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. — Billy Graham
Decision is a risk rooted in the courage of being free. — Paul Tillich
Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. — C. S. Lewis
Research has shown that one’s thought life influences every aspect of one’s being. Whether we are filled with confidence or fear depends on the kind of thoughts that habitually occupy our minds. — John Ortberg
Top 10 Steps to Cultivate Courage:
- Identify your calling.
- Identify your fears.
- Consider how your fears will thwart your calling.
- Consider the authority of Christ over your fears.
- Trust God’s ability rather than your limitations.
- Decide whether you want a life of compliance or rebellion.
- Always choose obedience in the face of fear.
- Join forces with other of similar calling.
- Remind yourself that God’s side wins.
- Embrace the adventure of a life of significance.