I know this is really a commercial for his book, but Kevin Leman is a fantastic communicator. The information in his books can change men and their marriages. Take a look at this CBN report on “Have a New Husband by Friday.”
Our Youth Pastor found these and passed them along. Enjoy!
- Don’t let your worries get the best of you. Remember, Moses started out as a basket case.
- Some people are kind, polite, and sweet-spirited until you try to sit in their pews.
- Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
- It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.
- The good Lord didn’t create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
- When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.
- People are funny. They want the front of the bus, the middle of the road, and the back of the church.
- Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your front door forever.
- Quit griping about your church. If it was perfect, you couldn’t belong.
- If the church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
- God himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead, so why should you?
- Some minds are like concrete — thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
- Peace starts with a smile.
- I don’t know why some people change churches. What difference does it make which one you stay home from?
- A lot of church members who are singing “Standing On The Promises” are just sitting on the premises.
- We were called to be witnesses, not lawyers or judges.
- Be ye fishers of men. You catch them. He’ll clean them.
- Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.
- Don’t put a question mark where God put a period.
- Don’t wait for 6 strong men to take you to church.
- Forbidden fruits create many jams.
- God doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called.
- God grades on the cross, not the curve.
- God loves everyone, but probably prefers “fruits of the spirit” over “religious nuts!”
- God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
- He who angers you controls you.
- If God is your copilot, swap seats.
- Prayer: don’t give God instructions, just report for duty!
- The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us.
- The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you.
- We don’t change the message. The message changes us.
- You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.
- The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.
[print_link] [email_link] [From Stumble Upon]
Vision is what keeps an organization on track, and keeps an individual moving in the right direction. Ponder the implication of losing your vision.