Have you been baptized since you have received Jesus as Lord and Savior?
Baptism always comes after salvation but its not necessary for salvation. It is a response of obedience to Jesus Christ as Lord (Acts 2:38, 41). Baptism is your first opportunity to publicly tell others that you have given control of your life to Jesus (Matthew 28:19-20).
God has a Purpose:
- Fact – We declare our new life in Christ through baptism, Acts 2:41, 8:35-38, 16:25-34.
- Fact – Baptism is a spiritual illustration of Jesus death, burial, and resurrection, Romans 6:3-5.
- Fact – We need to confess Jesus before others in baptism soon after we receive salvation through Jesus Christ, Matthew 10:32.
- Fact – We need to obey Jesus’ command, Matthew 28:19.
- Fact – We need to follow Jesus example, Matthew 3:13-15.
- Fact – We need to get plugged in and join a local church, Acts 2:41.
- Fact – Jesus began his ministry to others with baptism, Mark 1:9-11.
- Fact – Jesus demonstrated baptism to us by being baptized, we should follow this biblical example, Mark 1:10.
- Fact – Jesus told his followers to baptize, Matthew 28:19.
- Act – You should find a local church to join and have them baptize you.
- Act – You should be baptized to show that you are a follower of Jesus Christ, Acts 2:41.
- Act – show others your commitment to your baptism, Acts 16:31-33.
My Commitment: What shall I do now?
- Trust in Jesus for your salvation, not any good works you try to accomplish.
- Find a local church to join and have them baptize you.
- Follow Jesus example of baptism like being immersed in water, showing your identification with Jesus and His Church.
- If you are willing to take the step of obedience and show others your commitment to Jesus, you can pray the following prayer for one like it.
“God, it is my desire to go pay you in to let others know I have new life in Jesus Christ. I pray that my baptism will show my love for you.” Amen.