Counseling is a step by step process much like baking a cake, or changing a tire. One must always remember that each person is unique with his problems, attitudes, values, expectations and experiences. There are various steps…
- To build and maintain a counseling relationship.
- To clarify issues and determine how the problems can be handled.
- To decide on a course of action.
- To stimulate the client to act.
- To evaluate progress and deciding on subsequent actions.
- To terminate the counseling relationship by encouraging and guiding the client to launch out without the counselor’s continuing help.