Although everyone has three God-given inner needs (for love, significance, and security), God designed the husband to have a greater need for significance, while the wife is uniquely created with a deeper need for security. A crucial element in the marriage relationship is becoming aware of your partner’s desires and learning to meet them creatively. Philippians 2:4 says, “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
How Wives Fulfill Their Husbands’ Desires:
- Admiration (Proverbs 31:23)
- Praise his positive character traits.
- Respect his burden of responsibility.
- Domestic Support (Proverbs 31:27)
- Provide a peaceful home atmosphere.
- Manage the home efficiently.
- Companionship (Mark 10:8)
- Develop mutual interests together.
- Learn to talk knowledgeably about your husband’s occupation.
- Attractiveness (Proverbs 31:25)
- Develop inner beauty that earns respect.
- Display inner strength regardless of outward circumstances.
- Sexual Fulfillment (1 Corinthians 7:4-5)
- Communicate your sexual desires.
- Give assurance that your husband is sexually adequate.
How Husbands Fulfill Their Wives’ Desires:
- Affection (Song of Solomon 1:2; 2:6)
- Give hugs, kisses, cards, flowers, and gifts.
- Tell her how much you care for her.
- Communication (Ephesians 4:29)
- Listen with concern and interest.
- Encourage and praise her positive character traits.
- Honesty (Proverbs 24:26)
- Commit to total truthfulness.
- Share your true thoughts, feelings, and desires.
- Financial Security (1 Timothy 5:8)
- Shoulder the financial responsibility.
- Prepare a budget together to plan for the future.
- Commitment (Hebrews 13:4)
- Schedule quality and quantity time alone with her.
- Make your wife and family your highest earthly priority.
This is information I discovered from June Hunt, the founder and CEO of Hope for the Heart.