The Chande Orphanage Project…
Story | Support | Statements | Mission Stories | Snapshots | Storm | Social Media
This is the statement of faith from pastor Patrick Chanda, Kitwe, Zambia:
We declare and establish this statement of faith to preserve and secure the principles of our aims and objectives in line with the statement of faith and belief as is common among Baptist churches. Our Structure: We hereby do believe that, having been led by the Holy Spirit of God to join together in our work, we believe that: Chande Baptist Orphanage shall run as an indigenous body.
There shall be no authority to be imposed by any church or organization but that all cooperating partners will have equal vote.
All cooperating partners shall have equal participation without any form of coercion from any quarters, but that:
Our Statement of Faith:
- All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and that the Bible is the only authority in the governing and exercising of our life and the orphanage ministry.
- We believe that there is but one God. We believe that, He is the maker, the keeper, and ruler of all things. We believe that He is perfect God and to Him all people owe their highest love and obedience.
- We believe that God is revealed to us through the father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Each person of the trinity has a distinct personality, but there is no division of purpose.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of God. We believe he is born of the virgin, lived a life free from sin,
- We believe that, salvation is a change of heart, brought about by the conviction of the Holy Spirit, and that salvation is a work of God’s free grace.
- We believe that those whom God has forgiven through His Son, and sanctified by His spirit will never totally or finally fall away from the grace of God
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, which is composed of all His true disciples
- We believe that baptism is an ordinance of the church of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that it is of every believer wherein he is immersed in the water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
In light of the foregoing statements of faith: The Chande Baptist Orphanage shall endeavor to take care of orphans and street kids who are in need, by providing shelter, food, education and medical care.
Such children will have to be approved by the management that they are orphans and are in dire need of assistance.
Any orphan or street kid regardless of race, religion or creed as long as they meet the conditions of the Social Welfare Department in the republic of Zambia and those of Chande Baptist Orphanage and its cooperating partners will be enrolled in the orphanage if and when a place is available and that he/ she is not over the age of sixteen.
Our Sense of Responsibility:
We are compelled to doing good works, which are redemptive in nature, namely,
- Works of service
Our Scriptural Foundation:
- Mathew 28:19–20, “Go then, to all people everywhere and make them my disciples; baptize them in the name of the Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you to the end of the age”
- James 1:27, Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is to look after orphans and widows in their distress and keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Our Society of Friends:
The Chande Baptist Orphanage will work with other cooperating partners of the same and alike faith from within and outside of the republic of Zambia. Chande Baptist Orphanage will be eligible to engage expert personnel from within and outside Zambia.
Since we have been created in Christ Jesus, we shall endeavor to maintain pure worship of our God and fellowship with one another in love, by performing the above beliefs and tasks. And that every partnering Church/Organization shall be led by their Pastor/Leader. And each church shall appoint such people as they deem fit to serve on the International Chande Board.
Rev. Patrick Chanda, Kitwe, Zambia
[ Other Chande Orphanage Project Information ]