Men, we often don’t lead our families as we should. I sense that most wives are aching for their husbands to be the spiritual driver in the home. Most of the time we drift and outsource that leadership somewhere else.
The Courageous movie will challenge each husband and father to make a resolution… to be resolved… that they will be an active force for God on this earth and in their family.
I once heard Kenny Luck, men’s ministry leader at Saddleback, as he encourages you on how to be the spiritual leader of your home.
Kenny tells us to:
- Own it – own our spiritual lives, don’t outsource that to anyone else.
- Show it – demonstrate outwardly what God is doing on the inside.
- Lead her and the marriage – not lording over her, but providing leadership.
- Lead by serving them – leadership is service, not position.
- Love them – love is an active word, not a feeling.