Worship is a priority in the life of a believer, and Jesus tells us that the Father seeks worshipers (John 4:23). It is really our only priority, because when we get this right, discipleship, missions and evangelism burst forth. If we don’t have a clue about His greatness and worthiness to be worshiped, we will relax in these other critical areas.
A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling “darkness” on the wall of his cell. — C. S. Lewis
All of history is moving toward one great goal, the white-hot worship of God and His Son among all people of the earth. Missions exists because worship doesn’t. — John Piper
Top 10 Ways to Rebel Against Idols:
- Give God the best part of your day, not your leftovers.
- Volunteer one Saturday this month at the homeless shelter.
- Pass up the $100 Converse for something comfortable and affordable.
- Pray each day, specifically for those in your sphere of influence.
- Feed your soul with kingdom-affirming images from television, music and movies.
- Take an international missions trip this year.
- Enjoy sports, but don’t overdose.
- Build a healthy body instead of a glamorous image.
- Develop your spiritual gifts as intentionally as your career.
- Make it your lifelong quest to know God and yourself.