Leadership can be defined as exerting influence over people; which puts just about all of us into a leadership position. We influence people all the time; thus making us leaders. There is an art and a science to leading others; and the best example of leadership is Jesus himself.
You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. — Henry Drummond
We are so obsessed with doing that we have no time and no imagination left for being. As a result, men are valued not for what they are but for what they do or what they have–for their usefulness. — Thomas Merton
Top 10 Ways to Influence People:
- Respect other people’s time, space and values.
- Listen beyond words to someone’s heart.
- Ask questions in order to get to know someone.
- Be vulnerable with people closest to you.
- Make time for people, not just projects.
- Spend time in prayer with people you love.
- Go beyond chit-chat to real issues.
- Know your friends’ real dreams and intimidations.
- Take a road trip to build a friendship.
- Have fun together in spontaneous ways.