You may wonder why you do not feel as close as you once did in your relationship with Jesus, or you may not be growing deeper in your relationship.
God has a Purpose:
- Fact – Jesus wants to be in control of your life, Luke 6:46.
- Fact – God want your life to be useful and enjoyable, John 15:10-11.
- Fact – God wants you to live with him in an intimate relationship, 1 John 1:7.
- Fact – God wants to fill your relationship with his Spirit, Ephesians 5:18.
- Fact – God wants to get you ready to do is work, 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
- Fact – When you mess up in your walk with Him, God wants to forgive you and restore your relationship with him, 1 John 1:9.
- Fact – Personal sin will damage our relationship with God, Isaiah 59:2.
- Fact – Situations and circumstances in life may require us to seek God even more and to grow deeper in our relationship with him, Romans 12:1-2.
- Fact – God has given us tools to grow deeper in our relationship and to be continually change to buy him.
- Fact – God uses the Bible to bring Christians to a place where they can be used for His purposes, John 17:17.
- Fact – Spiritual exercises, such as prayer, Bible study, worship, fasting, sharing Jesus Christ with others, and serving others help us to grow, 1 Timothy 4:7.
- Fact – Family and home influences may encourage us toward spiritual growth, 2 Timothy 1:5.
- Fact – The church, as the body of Christ, encourages us to grow deeper in our faith and knowledge of Jesus, Ephesians 4:12-13.
- Fact – God uses and works in all circumstances of life to make us more like Jesus, Romans 8:28-29.
- Fact – God disciplines his children to make us more like Jesus, Hebrews 12:10.
- Act – Confess and turn from any known sin, Proverbs 28:13.
- Act – Recommit your life to the Lord Jesus Christ, John 20:28.
- Act – Give yourself daily to Jesus and experience the fullness of his life in you as you go deeper, Romans 6:12-13, Galatians 2:20.
My Commitment: As you seek to grow deeper in your relationship with Jesus you will see evidence of the Spirit in your life, Galatians 5:22-23. You may not be able to see evidence of the Spirit in your life as much as you would like. Are you willing to ask God to work in you to help you grow toward the fullness of his life? If so, you may want to pray the following prayer or one like it.
“God, I want to be like Jesus. I commit myself to you and ask you to work in my life to help me develop evidence of the Spirit to work in me.” Amen.