Are you a member of a local church? Where? How active are you? Did you know that the church is really not a building? It is really made up of Christians all around the world. Jesus built the church (Matthew 16:18) and willingly died for the benefit of the church (Ephesians 5:25).
God has a Purpose: We can be part of God’s work through the church. “So in Christ we are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others” (Romans 12:5).
- Fact – As part of the church, we can enjoy God with other Christians, in worship, Hebrews 10:25, Ephesians 5:19-20.
- Fact – As part of the church, we should tell others about what Christ did for us, Acts 1:8, 2 Corinthians 5:18-20.
- Fact – As part of the church, we should grow deeper in a relationship with Jesus and allow him to change our lives, 2 Peter 3:18.
- Fact – As part of the church, we should help each other as Christians, 1 Corinthians 12:12-26.
- Fact – As part of the church, we should fellowship, or hang out, with each other, Hebrews 10:24-25.
- Fact – We need to identify ourselves with the church, Acts 2:41-42.
- Fact – We need strength for daily living, which can come through fellowship with other Christians, Hebrews 3:13.
- Fact – We need to help the church by using our personal talents and spiritual gifts, Romans 12:4-8.
- Fact – God established the church as the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:4, Colossians 1:18.
- Fact – God wants our church membership to be in the total church, Revelation 22:17.
- Fact – God wants every Christian to participate in church membership, Hebrews 10:25.
- Fact – Jesus showed us how important was by his regular attendance at synagogue, Luke 4:16.
- Act – You can become a member of a local church by telling of your faith in Christ and being baptized, Acts 2:41, 47.
- Act – You can share in the Fellowship of the local church by becoming a member.
- Act – Your participation in the local church is crucial for your life to be what God wants it to be.
If you are already to make the commitment to join a local church, you can do so by stopping by King’s Grant Baptist Church. Pray about your decision and commitment with a sample prayer like this:
“God, thank you for the church and for allowing me to become a part of it. Help me to be faithful and to support my new family at church.” Amen