There is a Christian culture that is complete with its own language and traditions; and most of lost America has no clue how to connect with or understand us. Christianity is some ancient or foreign ritual that has no relevance in modern culture. But the gospel is relevant to every person in any culture, we just have a public relations problem.
Few people articulate a redemptive message using relational terms. We believe in logic, science, lists, and formulas. God’s doesn’t use any of those. — Donald Miller
Our failure to impact contemporary culture is not because we have not been relevant enough, but because we have not been real enough. — Sally Morenthaler
The test of the vitality of a religion is to be seen in its effect on the culture. — Elton Trueblood
Your life is not your own, it belongs to God. To “be yourself” is not just to be anything you want to be. To “be yourself” is to be and do what God wants you to be and do, knowing that God created you for a mission and knows you and your mission better than you do. — Leonard Sweet
Top 10 Ways to Be Spiritually Relevant:
- Filter religious jargon from your language.
- Do not filter your authentic spirituality.
- Be respectful of other people’s convictions.
- Do not hide your own convictions.
- Tune in to the felt needs of your culture.
- Do not limit your spiritual gifts to the church.
- Offer advice, not judgment.
- Expect God to work miracles in your workplace.
- Do not hide your struggles and failures.
- Never move in fear; always move in love.