Perhaps you have asked yourself questions like these:
- Why am I here on this planet at this time in history?
- Why does man live some 70-80 years and then die?
- For what? What is my purpose in life?
- What is the Point of Salvation?
- The Baptist Faith and Message, 1963
- The History of Christianity
Many people feel there are many ways to get to heaven, but the Bible is certain about the uniqueness of Jesus. This is not an exclusion of all others, but a declaration that ALL people may be included once they come to God on HIS terms.
Christianity is a relationship more than a religion. Religion is our attempt to get to God; while Christianity is God reaching down to us to bring us into relationship with Him.
- Francis Chan has a video worth seeing to investigate the claims of Christianity [ Go ]
- David Nasser has a video worth seeing to investigate the claims of Christianity [ Go ]
Do some research… if you need to, get in touch with me to talk about it.
The Foundation of HeartQuest:
The heart and soul of HeartQuest stands on the Word of God.
The Inward Journey: As we live out our lives, we experience an inward journey of getting God’s Word into our hearts by…
H – Hearing the Word of God
E – Examining the Word of God
A – Analyzing the Word of God
R – Remembering the Word of God
T – Thinking about the Word of God
Jesus said, ” Come unto Me…learn of Me.” (Matthew 11:28-30). This inward journey will take the form of:
Worship – Praise adoration and thanksgiving (Colossians 3:16).
Bible Study – Learning and living His Word (Acts 17:11).
Discipleship – Applying the lordship of Christ to all of life (Colossians 3:17, 23-24).
Fellowship – Sharing life with brothers and sisters in Christ (Acts 4:32).
Churchmanship – Involvement in the church (1 Corinthians 12:12-13, 27).
The Outward Journey: Then there is an outward journey of service and influence in our world. We want people to…
Q – Questioning the Word of God, leads toward
U – Understanding the will of God
E – Encouraging others in the ways of God
S – Supporting the work of God
T – Teaching others to experience the wonder of God
Jesus said, “Go, therefore, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples.” (Matthew 28:19). The outward journey will involve…
Evangelism – Sharing the good news of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8).
Missions – Reaching beyond the walls of the church (Acts 13:1-3).
Ministry/Social Action – Meeting human needs everywhere (Luke 4:16-19).
The Meaning of HeartQuest 101:
“For I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” –Jeremiah 29:11-13
Perhaps you’re seeking God right now, these sites can help you in your quest:
- Who is Jesus? – Discovering the Real Jesus
- Got Questions? – Multitude of Subjects – Solid Answers
- The Bible Answer Man – Podcasts from Hank Hanegraaff
- Answers to Tough Questions – From Radio Bible Class
- www.bible.org – Articles and Home of the NET Bible
- www.historicjesus.com – Life of Christ from Campus Crusade